Are Natural Disasters Increasing?January 25, 2022
Flood Safety and ReliefMarch 29, 2022
February 25, 2022
Providing a high-quality applicant experience is an essential component of a successful disaster and hardship relief fund program, allowing your team members to seamlessly apply for a grant and quickly get the help they need.
In this article, we’ll explain what a relief fund’s applicant experience should look like and why it matters so much when you are considering establishing a relief fund.
Relief Fund Applicant Experience: What It Should Look Like and Why It’s Important
Disaster and Hardship relief funds are a valuable way of looking out for your team members and making sure your organization is ready to help them when they need it most. However, establishing a relief fund is only the first step and doesn’t actually do much for them if the application process is difficult and unhelpful. Here’s what the ideal relief fund applicant experience should entail:
1. A Dedicated Applicant Experience TeamWhen your company establishes a relief fund, it should also come with a dedicated applicant experience team to help grant applicants through the application process so that they may receive the assistance they need as quickly as possible. This team should be compassionate and multinational so they can provide support to the individuals who need it most, no matter where they live.
A relief fund’s applicant experience team should also be prepared and able to communicate with grant applicants in many different languages, especially if your organization has a global presence. In addition to communicating in different languages, it’s also important that the applicant experience team offers flexible communication through a variety of channels so applicants can communicate however they most prefer or are able, including via email, phone call, text or live chat.
2. User-Friendly Grant ApplicationEstablishing a relief fund is all about taking care of your team members and planning ahead to assist them when they need it most. However, that could be jeopardized if the application process isn’t user-friendly. Grant applicants are often struggling through difficult circumstances and come from different backgrounds and situations. Therefore, it is crucial that the application itself is simple and user-friendly, so they can easily apply and receive the assistance they urgently need.
This also means that the application should be responsive, allowing applicants to easily complete the application on a range of devices—like a computer, phone, or tablet—without having to worry about physical forms. This guarantees a simple and quick application process without any unnecessary steps or effort.
3. Applicant Experience Surveys, Testimonials, and Other FeedbackA relief fund applicant experience should also utilize surveys, feedback, and testimonials to capture and share feedback. These tools allow the applicant experience team to receive direct feedback from grant applicants that educates them on which areas work welland identifies any areas that could be improved to make the process better.
Surveys are especially important as they gauge the overall views and experiences of grant applicants, and also provide hard numbers that can be used to make important decisions. Surveys, testimonials, and other forms of feedback allow grant applicants to share their experiences, improve the application process, and even help future applicants.
What Kind of Applicant Experience Does Emergency Assistance Foundation Offer?All of the aspects listed above are vital to a relief fund’s applicant experience, and are a major benefit of establishing a relief fund with Emergency Assistance Foundation. We offer a best-in-class Applicant Experience to all relief fund grant applicants, which includes everything mentioned above, like:
1. A Dedicated Applicant Experience TeamAt Emergency Assistance Foundation, we have a compassionate and diverse Applicant Experience team that is dedicated to helping grant applicants receive the assistance they need. Many of those struggling through financial hardships are hesitant to ask for help. Our dedicated, caring Applicant Experience team understands this and is here to assist applicants every step of the way.
Our diverse team also speaks multiple languages and is located around the world. The diversity of our international team is not only a source of great pride for us as an organization—it is also a true strength in assisting individuals in need around the world. We are able to provide a best-in-class, compassionate experience in 23 different languages, including English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Hindi, Italian, Filipino, Chinese & Japanese.
Our 100+ dedicated, multinational team members may speak many different languages, but all share a common mission: providing relief to those who need it most, no matter where they may live. Meet our team and learn more about how we can help you take care of your own!
Grant Applicants in need of assistance also come from many different circumstances and have different ways in which they are either able to or prefer to communicate. Therefore, we utilize leading technology so that applicants can receive support through a variety of communication channels, including live chat, texting, click-to-call, and a dedicated fund email address and phone number.
Applicants also have access to additional support, including local resources, disaster preparedness education, financial learning tools, and more.
2. User-Friendly Grant ApplicationAt Emergency Assistance Foundation, we understand that many grant applicants are struggling through very difficult and stressful circumstances. That’s why we offer a dynamic, cloud-based application that streamlines the grant application process and provides a seamless, user-friendly experience.
Since grant applicants are often struggling and come from many different backgrounds and circumstances, it’s crucial that the application itself is simple and user-friendly. That’s why our applications are easy to understand and navigate, and can be translated into any language for an additional cost.
3. Applicant Experience Surveys, Testimonials, and Other FeedbackAt Emergency Assistance Foundation, we realize that surveys, testimonials, and other forms of feedback are incredibly important tools that give grant recipients the opportunity to provide feedback. Utilizing these tools allows us to continue refining our application process to provide a best-in-class experience for all applicants.
Through these forms of feedback, applicants are not only letting us know what works well about our process but also what can be improved. This helps to improve the application for everyone—including future applicants.
Surveys, testimonials, and feedback also provide us with useful information and statistics that we use to make important decisions going forward, such as:
- 88% of applicants were satisfied or very satisfied with the grant application process
- 95% of applicants would recommend the fund to a friend or colleague
- Our applicant experience support rating is consistently 4.5/5 stars
"I consider Emergency Assistance Foundation’s grant process to be a blessing in disguise... I commend the EAF team for their professionalism, immediate follow-up, courteous communication, and as a family we thank you all for being so empathetic and responsive to our situation."
"The grant process was a wonderful experience. The entire support team was helpful, especially my application reviewer. She made every effort to assist me in fulfilling any missing supporting documentation on my application and did so enthusiastically."
By establishing a fund with us today, your organization can easily assist members of your team affected by financial hardship through our best-in-class Applicant Experience. Relief fund grants can help impacted individuals pull through difficult times and start on the path toward recovery. If you’d like to learn more about how your organization can help your team during difficult times, you can review additional information about how a fund works or contact us today. We look forward to helping you make a difference for those who need it most!